Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Land of the free because of the brave

I've seen this quote a lot over the weekend! Memorial Day gives us all an obvious reason to celebrate our freedom and show appreciation to those who fought for it, for us. 

It should go without saying, but I think it's important to remember to practice gratitude all year long. I couldn't imagine going a few days without my partner, Chaun, let alone months and even years. Yet, there are families who are doing just that. They're reminded what the fight is about on a daily basis. & we should too! Just take a moment and say thanks! 

On a less serious side note: this weekend I finally tackled my dreaded closet chaos! Do you have a room (or even a corner of a room) that makes you sad every time you look at it? That was my closet. My room is tiny! (I mean like, dorm room tiny!) so my closet became the dumping ground. If it needed a home it went somewhere in the closet. Anyway, I'm sure you can imagine my frustration as I went to pull clean bed sheets down and ended up with hoodies, extension cords and Christmas lights on my head, instead. 

The solution was fairly simple, I bought two wire shelving units from Home Depot for $20 each and put one on either end of my closet. It freed up so much room, not only do my shoes, hoodies and jeans have a place to live, but I was able to de-clutter my "dresser" and the hooks behind my bed! Just being able to close my closet doors again makes me so happy! 

And I don't have to worry about a waterfall of crap next time I reach for the sheets! 

(I should have taken before/after photos!)

Did you take advantage of the 3 day weekend?! 

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment