Saturday, January 15, 2011

in & out

I think often of my friends and family. Why we do what we do. I don't understand the lack of compassion, or the unbearable amount of misery. What would come of this world if all mind altering substances disappeared? Would you lose your mom to cancer, or perhaps regain your heroin addicted friend? Which would be the tragedy?

it seems as though no one really has it quite figured out. people keep telling me what to do, what's wrong what's right but there's no doubt ... no one really has this thing called life quite figured out.

What if we took notes from Dr. Seuss instead of Dr. Phil? Do you think we'd have a harder time getting by?  Who decided that Dr. Phil was more trustworthy than Dr. Seuss, after all? That you couldn't learn a lesson from a Cat in a hat? or perhaps green eggs and ham? What if we turned this world upside down, the hours went backwards and we stopped counting time? The world wouldn't cease to exist .. so.... what if what if what if?

I don't understand this thing called life, although I love to live it. I wish people would slow down a minute, and take a look around. There's no guarantee that your job will get you through to heaven. No promise that you're good to go .. you've got the golden ticket. Politics, Policy and Perfunctory.

I think the latter is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment