Wednesday, January 26, 2011

little miss muffet ..

Today, someone asked me how someone 'like me' could be single. It's really simple actually .. someone 'like me' is single by choice.

My last relationship was far from a fairy tale. "I know that the bridges that I've burned along the way, have left me with these walls and these scars." (Lady Antebellum)

I'm still trying to figure out who I am, let alone trying to figure out who I want him to be.



I offered this response in return .. "I can promise, though, that I am 100% content with being single. I am not lonely or needy or desperate. I'm too busy figuring out who I am ... and beginning to like myself. I don't need anyone's opinion besides my own right now."

There's plenty time for family and love and wedding bells. Right now my priority is figuring out who I want to be and how I'm going to get there. I'm truly grateful for the family I work for .. I thank God every day I get to step foot in their home. I'm finally figuring out my relationship with my mother and trying to improve my relationship with my sister. and I have my best friend, Mamabear, loving me every day along the way. I'm not sad or bitter or angry anymore .. I'm content & it's been a long time since I've said that.



I look forward to finding the rest of myself along this road .. and for those of you wondering how I'm doing it - courageously.

I'm doing it courageously.

No comments:

Post a Comment