Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm Suzi & I'm a chocoholic.

That's the color of my OPI nail polish today. Quite a clever name .. although it doesn't resemble chocolate as much as it does brick red. Which in retrospect, is probably a good thing, if my hands were covered in chocolate colored nail polish I'd most likely eat them. I'm Nicole and I am a chocoholic ;)

Merry Christmas everyone. Mine was pretty merry I must say .. I was extremely proud of my gift wrapping skills (I almost took a picture to post). I was also very excited to receive adorable kitchen utensils from Santa this year. Cue Betty Crocker, Martha Stuart and Susie Homemaker (not to be confused with Suzi the chocoholic) .. I have to come to realization that I'm NESTING. Eiy.

I find great pleasure in waking up and cleaning the kitchen and making everyone breakfast. I get excited when the kitchen is really cleaned and organized and I can whip up homemade pancakes in 5 minutes. I find myself day dreaming of my own kitchen, what it might look like .. and how opposite it will be of my mothers kitchen.

I fancy my own pad so intensely, I haven't even stopped to appreciate how far I've come at making my moms place feel homey. Compared to 6 months ago, our house feels much more like a home. I've put my organizational skills into full force in my room (that I share with Abi) and since the holiday's have commenced, I've taken over my moms kitchen. Not that she's too happy with that fact, but I know deep down inside she's grateful that it's kept clean and tidy.

So often, we get lost in the habit of looking to the future, that we forget about the present and what we have now. I know I will have my own place in due time and I now know that what I have here is the perfect opportunity to practice all the skills I'll need when that time comes. I failed to take full advantage of this opportunity 5 years ago, when most people figure this stuff out. I'm so thankful I get another shot at it. 

be thankful .. all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment